Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Swine flu.....okay. Not. Just good old-fashioned illnesses for me.

Hi. How are you? I'm good. I just feel like it's been years since I blogged, because the last four days have been really awesome and really long. I started getting sick on Sunday, and after three days of wondering whether I had the flu or strep throat, I started to suspect it was the latter. So I sucked it up and went to the doctor. Who was very, very impressed with the size of my tonsils. And, in better news, gave me a prescription to blessed, strep killing drugs. I love strep throat. No really, I don't. But as a teenager, I'd always get a bad sore throat and get dragged to the doctor's for those annoying painful throat swabs that seem like the nurse is trying probe to China by way of your adenoids. And then the test would be negative, and they'd conclude it was an untreatable virus and send me on my way. So I'm really, really glad that if I'm going to be miserably sick, I could be clever enough to get an illness with a nice simple cure.

Thus far, it seems that Madeline and Jessie have been spared the whole strep throat experience. Knock on wood. But they have been subject to my lack of being interesting/lack of cleaning their living space. The only reason I got away with not doing the dishes for three days was by not cooking for three days. But they survived eating a chocolate shake for dinner. Poor babies. And tomorrow, I should be interesting/productive again. Bless you, amoxicillin.

No comments: