Monday, December 21, 2009

Maybe it's a cry for attention.

So we did exciting things this weekend. Of which this was the least exciting, but of the most importance to the blogging world. A year or two ago, I purchased some neon pink and black striped tights. Normally I would not buy such a thing, but I had a gift card to an all socks online store, so I said to myself: Live a little. Get the bright striped tights. They look exactly like this:


Unfortunately, I do not own stilettos like that. A tragedy. Anyway, I wanted to wear something Christmasy to church. But I had nothing Christmasy. So instead, I decided to wear my tights. Because I had never worn them before and they were begging for it. I realize, based on that picture, that this might seem highly scandalous. But bear in mind, I was wearing a very plain and not scandalous mid-calf black dress and nice boring black flats. Close toed. So I felt I was within my rights. Jessie had his doubts. I'm pretty sure he would have walked twenty feet in front of me on the way to church, except he was afraid if he did that, I might not cook him dinner for a week. So he endured it and only mentioned once or twice that he felt it would be wise to keep my bright pink tight wearing to a minimum. I told him I was a Christmas elf. Take that, holiday spirit

And speaking of my questionable fashion choices, this weekend we had our annual Lundstrom family Christmas party. And during our ever exciting white elephant exchange, I managed to snag one of these:


That's right. I am now the proud owner of a leopard print Snuggie. Again, not something I would ever buy for myself. But you can bet I'll steal one at a white elephant party. And be proud of myself for doing it. And at the first available opportunity, I'm going to proudly show it off. Go me.

Jessie thinks I'm all of a sudden an "extremist" in fashion. I'll let you be the judge. But hey, one life to live, seize the day, yada yada yada. I'm going to be warm this winter if it it kills me. Or if I have to wear neon stripes and leopard prints to do it.

No comments: