Thursday, December 24, 2009

I think I was too caught up in the Christmas spirit.

It is Christmas Eve, and as promised, here I am not sleeping. This is, however, more due to Madeline not sleeping than my excitement. Just thought I should note that.

In other news, I had a strange life experience last night. We watched the Poinsettia Bowl, and I found myself rooting for the Utes. That's right, the Utes. The team in red. Our Arch Nemesis. And even enjoying that they were totally creaming the other guy. It was like living in a strange, parallel universe. But I couldn't help it, I swear. Hatred of the BCS and a desire to support our conference drove me to it. I promise I am now back on the band wagon, and such a thing shall never happen again. Maybe it's because it's Christmas, so I felt an inkling of holiday spirit staring at the red uniforms. And I must point out, it was only possible in the first place because I knew no matter the outcome, BYU pretty much officially had the better season, having won the Holy War and beat up on our own Pac 10 the night before. I think I am now rambling, trying to rationalize and ease my guilt. Maybe I'll go build a Snow Cougar in my BYU sweatshirt now.

No comments: