Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, etc.

I feel like a little kid. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. And I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight because I'm so excited. Tomorrow there will be cookies (Maple Bells!) and new pajamas and the nativity. My mother will be frantically wrapping presents all afternoon, and having us wrap presents in blank boxes while we try to guess who they're for. We'll have to crack the Christmas code my dad writes on the presents, because he can't just write To Cami or To Jessie. He'll write V4 and L19 and we have to guess what the numbers and letters mean. We'll watch my little brother watch Santa Claus land in random places in Greenland and Cuba on the internet. And if we're lucky, we'll have some random late night Christmas family activity that we won't decide on until tomorrow. Like a midnight movie or family concert around the piano, or, perhaps, a family Rock Band session. And then an argument about what time to wake up and open presents, which after all the drama, will probably be decided mostly by when Madeline wakes up. I love Christmas Eve. It's almost better than Christmas Day.

No comments: