Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The New Year Is Upon Us

Oh goodness. It is almost the end of the year. Being the brilliant person I am, I just realized this today. I don't like it. Mostly because I don't want it to be 2010. I can't handle a new decade right now. And 2010 is so awkward. It's the date they put in sic-fi movies when they want to put in hovering cars and robots and invading aliens. So we can't live in 2010. Not to mention I have no idea what to call it. I've had the same problem for the past ten years, but I cheated and always talked about the beginning of the century or the Millennium instead of the 0's or something else stupid sounding. But now I need a way to distinguish this decade from the last one, and I'm fresh out of ideas. Why can't we live in the nineties again?

I also don't want a new year to be here because I'm supposed to make up New Year's Resolutions. And I'm really bad at resolutions. I hate making them because I feel it's futile and over optimistic to try and make more than one or two changes at the same time. My habits are very resistant to change. Last year I cheated and made resolutions that weren't really resolutions, but rather affirmations of my lifestyle. That worked pretty well. But alas, it's not all that clever doing it two years in a row. So I'll have to come up with some other witty way to seem cool and really not do anything at all. I'll let you know how that lofty goal goes. Until then, I'm going to go enjoy the remaining time I have in a nice normal year with no home DNA testing, hover boards, or Big Brother computers.

No comments: