Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A new year calls for a new game plan. And lots of chocolate. Don't ask me why the chocolate.

Well, I decided it was about time I posted my last blog of the year. To get all nostalgic and talk about how the last year went, and my 2009 New Year's resolutions and how cool I'll be next year. Then I remembered I don't like public sentimentality, and I haven't made any New Year's Resolutions. Bummer. So instead, I guess I'll just say that pretty much, this year has been all about Madeline, and probably every year from now on will be about Madeline, and you can imagine all the memories I'll miss from this past year of changing poopy diapers and not sleeping through the night and getting spit up on. And I'll keep the good memories to myself.

So much for 2008. Now it's time to move on to how cool I will be in 2009. Therefore, I am going to rapidly think of some resolutions to share with you. You can all breathe easy, knowing that these will all be accomplished one hundred percent by the end of January because of my marvelous self discipline.

I hereby resolve to use chocolate as a mood altering drug monthly in order to spare Jessie the emotional hurricane he usually endures.

I hereby resolve to learn how to make at least ten new yummy dishes to feed Jessie and ruin my diet.

I hereby resolve to let Madeline eat ice cream and chocolate more frequently than she should, even if it gives me guilt, because it will also make feel like a cool mother.

I hereby resolve to keep my stalking of people on facebook and blogs at a healthy level: in other words, I resolve to not tell people how much I know about them when I meet them in person.

I hereby resolve to read and watch a lot of movies and books that are wildly popular to the masses, despite the nervous breakdown this will probably cause me. Because Twilight really wasn't that horrible, for all my complaints.

I hereby resolve to cheat on my exercise program a few times a month. Because I'm being pretty good and I deserve a break from peppy exercise lady telling me I'm so smart when we both know I'm diving into a chocolate bar after I finish my aerobic walking, so who are we kidding.

I hereby resolve to actually use the sewing machine Jessie got me for Christmas, as a tribute to his sneakiness it making me absolutely sure he wasn't getting me a sewing machine.

I hereby resolve to be a graceful loser just once this year when Jessie beats me at Sequence or Phase 10 or Skipbo, whichever it may be. This does not applu to Settlers of Catan. I will never gracefully lose Settlers of Catan. Also, if Jessie beats me at California speed or Speed Scrabble this year, I am off the hook for ever being a graceful loser again. Or making him dinner, for that matter.

There you go. My fast track plan to making 2009 the best year ever. If any of you need help making your resolutions, don't look at me. I'll be too busy breaking half of mine.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Cami, I love your blog. :)

Oh, and I want to MURDER peppy exercise lady. On my pilates tape, there's one moment where she turns to the camera, doing an incredibly painful move, and says with a smile "Don't you want a tiny waist?" Argh. It's like a brain torpedo.

And there should never be such a thing as gracefully losing Settlers. It's hard enough with games that don't affect our worth as a person. For example, while we were doing laundry the other night, Robert beat me in FOUR STRAIGHT GAMES (2 of skipbo, 2 of Yahtzee). So basically, he's dead meat. :)