Sunday, December 21, 2008

More escapades from the family miscreant

My daughter is a punk. We went to visit Jessie's mom yesterday, to play some games, drink some root beer, watch babies do funny things- the wild life. While we were there, I changed Madeline's diaper, but due to her excessive wiggling and general bad temper whenever you change her diaper (she howls like she's getting a tooth pulled or something), I didn't snap up the bottom of her pants. That was mistake number one. Then I let her crawl through a maze of chairs. Mistake number two. Somewhere in the crawling, she took off/lost her diaper. And, unaware of this grand feat, I snapped back up her pants so as to maintain her ladylike modesty. So Madeline got to go commando for an hour until I saw her sitting in a giant wet puddle on the floor, and said to myself, hmmm. That's not normal. Upon which, her deception was revealed, and everyone had a merry time, except Jessie, who had to clean up the pee puddle, and me, who had to clean up the wet baby. Sometimes Madeline is a little too smart for her own good.

Speaking of smart, Jessie decided to get me another present. Which presents a problem, because I still haven't figured out what the first two are. On the other hand, it now means there are three correct guesses out there, so theoretically, I have a greater chance of figuring it out. Theoretically. I think he just couldn't handle being done with the Christmas shopping either. It's a good thing there's only three days left and the stores are a mess, or I'd probably get sucked back in and spend more money on silly things like candy I don't like and unbreakable ornaments that Madeline knows how to break. That girl is SO going to be responsible for keeping her siblings away from the Christmas tree when she gets older.

No comments: