Monday, December 1, 2008

From Thanksgiving to Christmas

We survived Thanksgiving, with only a little too much pie eating. As in, putting it all together, I never consumed a whole pie by myself, which is laudable. We had a good time, too, hanging out with Jessie's family on Thankgiving day, and my whole extended family on Friday as we celebrated my Grandma's birthday (which is actually this Thursday), and then my immediate family on Sunday, to celebrate my sister's birthday, which was actually on Friday. Did you catch all that? There are long, complicated reasons why we can't celebrate people's birthdays on the actual day of their birth. But if I told you I'd have to kill you.

We even went shopping on...gasp...Black Friday. Not in the morning, because I value my sleep and my sanity, and I didn't want to get crushed by mad crowds who value a new Wii over human life. We went in the afternoon, when everything was nice and calm. True, all the doorbusters were gone, but they were all out of my budget anyway. It's great when a $1000 TV is on sale for only $400, but I still don't have $400. So it might as well be a million. Whoopdee do. Instead I got lots of nice, affordable presents. Yay for me. And Jessie. Because he helped buy them too. And for my sister. Who also bought stuff. We are all officially cool. Even Bryce got some little fuzzy worm thingy attached to an invisible string for like three dollars, so he's now officially cool. Which, by the way, it's really hard to tie invisible string to a fuzzy little worm thing. Mostly because it's INVISIBLE. Go figure.

Jessie and I also decorated our house for Christmas. Which was really hard, because I have a tiny little box of Christmas stuff, but it got us in a festive mood. I set up my tiny tree my mother got me to celebrate Christmas in the dorms, and the Christmas candle I got from my coworker last year, and my kitchen angel that I got for my wedding two years ago and never opened, and which isn't actually super Christmasy. Because she is holding a pot. But I'm sure while all the other angels were singing in the fields and admiring the star and stuff, some faithful soul was doing the heavenly dishes. So they get proper recognition at my house. Merry Christmas to people doing dishes everywhere. You are all my heroes.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

hehe! i have never eaten a whole pie either, but i know i could! tha is for sure!
love the pics! hehe! i have to give you a hard time! you have the cutest little girl, i mean, why not? ;)