Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm dreaming of a red Christmas. And concussions.

It looks like Christmas now. Partly because of the snow. And partly because you walk into church and every female of every age is wearing red. Our nursery, which is something like 80% female, was full of frilly red dresses and bows. Next week Madeline is totally wearing green to beat the peer pressure. Yesterday, I am sorry to say, she was in red and white. But she looked really, really cute. So maybe it was justified.

Speaking of the little red monster, she likes to destroy things. Including wrapping paper, gift tags, ornaments, bibles, walls, clothes, and carpets. But the most fun this week was when she was running away from Jessie and ran right into the ledge on our bay windows. There was an instant bruise about the size of a large, thick Christmas cookie. It pretty much caused me to freak out and google concussions for a half hour. Eventually, after consulting both the internet and my mother, I decided she had no obvious signs of major damage. But to be safe, I woke up about three times that night to get Madeline up. Just to make sure she would wake up. She didn't like that very much. I considered it payback for doing the same thing to me for the first six months of her life. She's all good now, and her bangs pretty much hid the bruising so no one at church accused us of child abuse. They were too busy trying to see the girl under the huge fluffy red and white dress. I think I need to find me a dress like that. So I can keep up with the nursery fashions.

No comments: