Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No, we didn't get a new maid. Why do you ask?

So I've noticed a trend among Madeline's Christmas presents. Among other things, the last few days she's been enjoying:

-A new vacuum
-A deluxe cleaning set (mop, broom, bucket, gloves, sponges, etc.)
-A new kitchen
-A new baby stroller
-New princess dressups
-New cell phone

Seeing the common link? That's right. We're brainwashing our daughter to be the perfect Mormon housewife. Now Madeline's daily schedule is full of fun and excitement. She dresses up her baby doll, puts it in the stroller, and drags her around as she does her chores, which include whipping up culinary masterpieces and making the house shine spotlessly, all while chatting away on her phone. And after a long day of hard work (in high heels, I might add), she gets gussied up in her princess dress, jewelry and crown, and waits patiently (or not so patiently) to greet the man of the house as he comes home from his daily labors. I'm expecting the Feminist Club of America to report me for child abuse any day now. But I'm okay with that, because Madeline certainly didn't get all these girlie tendencies from yours truly. And I'm quite happy to abdicate these responsibilities to the rising generation. I love Christmas.

No comments: