Thursday, December 17, 2009

Some stuff I wrote.

We watched the finale of So You Think You can dance last night. Some guy won and ripped off his shirt and danced around the stage. I have to say, it was a lot cuter when Madeline did it during Elmo's world today.

Anyway. That was about all I had to say coming into this blog post, but I don't believe in writing short blog posts. Short blog posts are just facebook status updates masquerading as their cooler older siblings. I figure that if you're going to write nothing but one line blog entries and call yourself a blogger, you might as well go join Twitter and pretend people care about your every move. I should probably just go delete my Twitter account, since I haven't looked at it in over a month. I just don't see what service Twitter does for humanity. If someone could explain it to me, I will go Twitter it so everyone will know.

Speaking of overly popular websites, I decided Facebook is getting sneaky. Apparently, this new privacy thing, depending on how you look at it, a) allows you to micromanage exactly how much content each and every person you've ever known is allowed to see or b) allows Facebook to sneakily share everything you've ever put on facebook unless you go click through a hundred links and tell them that yes, when you mean you want things to be private, that means not letting random Hungarians access to pictures of your freshman year of college. I thought I was covered when I just clicked "Friends Only" on all of the boxes when Mark whatshisface sent me a message telling me he wanted to help me keep my information safe. But to make sure random applications that your friends add to punch you in the face with a llama doesn't have access to your birthday and address, you have to go change it manually. Ditto on all your photos. Just a heads up from a disgruntled customer, who will nonetheless continue like millions of others to continue to use Facebook no matter how much I think they are screwing things up because they own my soul.

Well, that's a respectable blog post length. So I now bid you farewell. And beg you to please leave your shirt on and not act like an idiot if you win a quarter million dollars. Thanks you.

No comments: