Monday, December 14, 2009

Boy Howdy, I feel like I'm back in sophmore english.

Jessie's been after me since we got married to read a book called Cold Sassy Tree. It's a book his english teacher made him read over the summer in high school. He complained about having to read over summer vacation, until I told him I had the pleasure of reading Charles Dicken's Bleak House the summer before my sophmore year. Which, for those of you who were not blessed to experience it with me, is a really, really long book. So that pretty much blew Jessie's woes out of the water. Anyway, the reason he wanted me to read this book was mostly because one of the characters likes to say "Boy Howdy!". Jessie likes to say it too, and that's where he got it from. He'd go on and on about how I was missing out, and I should read it. So I finally checked it out from the library a few weeks ago. Jessie saw me reading it. I started asking him questions about the plot and the characters. He couldn't even remember any of the names. Actually, he wasn't even one hundred percent sure he was remembering the right book. Luckily for him, the main character does, indeed, like to use that exclamation. So for the sake of a dozen Boy Howdies, I am now nearly through a random book about a hormonal teenage boy from the post civil war south whose grandfather is also overly hormonal. What a great wife I am. At least I don't have to write any essays on the matter.

No comments: