Monday, March 2, 2009

I blame my lack of sewing abilities on a sick baby.

I haven't had much time for blogging the last few days, because Madeline decided to enter the terrible twos. A lady at church warned me this might happen once she learned to walk. She'd be perfectly happy one minute and then start screaming bloody murder until you pick her up and hold her. And then want to be held constantly for a few hours. And woe to you if you try to set her down because this means you obviously hate her and are trying to ruin her life. Then she'll be okay to get back down and play, but only if you sit and do nothing and watch her because she is the center of the universe. So no computer, no reading, no doing laundry, and definitely no dishes. I'm hoping she's just sick and this is a temporary thing, because she's also had diarrhea and been sleeping badly the past few nights, which is out of character for her. Is that bad to hope your kid is sick? Probably. Oh, what a horrid mother I am.

Anyway, while Jessie was home this weekend to perform the holding and comforting of Madeline, I attempted to sew on my new scout badges that I've had for a month. Turns out I was right to procrastinate, because apparently I'm about as good at it as oragami. It took me an hour to get on my numbers, during which time Jessie had moved half of his badges to his boys cout sash, cleaned his study, hung up all of Madeline's pictures, and sewed a few new shirts from scratch. Okay. Maybe he didn't make new shirts. Maybe it was a figment of my imagination, as a result of getting totally one-upped by my husband at having cool mother skills. Jessie ended up finishing my Webelos Assistant badge, because it pained him to watch me suffer. Also because I think he was reveling in his superiority. (Just kidding, Jessie. Please don't stop doing my sewing for me.)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Haha. Yeah. I had to hem a pair of pants yesterday. It was ugly.

And Robert definitely taught me how to tie the little knot things. :)