Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A few tidbits from the life of a housewife

So this weekend, our neighbors were grilling on their back patio. To make a long story short, because of a defect in our house, we could smell it way too well and we thought we might have a gas leak and that we'd all die. Dying is not our list of good events. So in the midst of trying to figure out why our heater was trying to kill us, but before figuring out it was a harmless cooking incident, we somehow shut off our hot water heater. I figured it out this morning, when there was no hot water for my shower. Blast. It was cool for a while, because it gave me an excuse not to do the dishes or the laundry or get ready for the day, but I was glad when Smart Husband Jessie came home for lunch and fixed it. Because now I am a clean human being and I won't have to boil water and do dishes by hand tonight. Booyah.

On a totally unrelated note, I did Madeline's hair today. Well, I usually try to do her hair, but I mean that there was actual combing and elastics and such instead of a baby brush and a bow, because I decided her hair was long enough to be tortured into some unnatural position for the amusement and viewing pleasure of adults everywhere. She didn't really like the whole process, mostly because I was silly to think an eleven month old would consent to sit still for more than a half a second. But in the end, she has two pigtails that look reasonably decent, and my promise that I won't bug her again for a few days. Unless she pulls them out while she's napping. Then she's in for it, and I'm enlisting Jessie's help to hold her down. She will be fashionable, drat it all, if it kills her.

P.S. On a side note to all my March Madness cronies: My bracket is pretty much shot. My only consolation in life is that Utah looked just as bad, if not worse, than BYU during their game and got creamed per my request. So now I'll just sit back and enjoy some good basketball games.

No comments: