Thursday, March 12, 2009

I went to a Relief Society activity. No one died.

Breaking news: I went to relief society enrichment last night. Please hold in your astonishment. I've never been a huge fan of enrichment. In fact, I think the only time I'd ever gone before was when my mom needed help with crafts back when I was in Young Women's. I made a couple of "Be" boards and never went back. The only other enrichment I ever went to was in college, right before I got engaged. And it wasn't even my ward. So showing up last night was a big step for me. Jessie claims I only went because they were serving food. He may have been right. Turns out it's not so bad hanging out with a bunch of women. I survived, and may even go again next month. But maybe I'll check and see if there are refreshments first.

Speaking of food, pretty much the most exciting thing in my life this week is that I reorganized my pantry. Only because I went grocery shopping and had nowhere to put the food, since half my closet was full of empty cereal bags and the like. Now, my pantry looks beautiful. And if I never cook again, it will continue to look beautiful indefinitely. It's a tempting game plan. But Jessie and Madeline like to eat food, so it probably won't happen. My family can be so demanding that way.

No comments: