Friday, March 27, 2009

Things I am excited about today.

Life is good right now. We had a bit of hiatus from the good life when Jessie and I finished season three of West Wing, and had nothing to watch for a few weeks. We resorted to real television and red box movies. And March Madness obviously helped ease the pain. But my sister lent us seasons 4 & 5, so now we're back to being addicted and watching West Wing every day at lunch. Which reminded me that it was the best show ever. If I wasn't a mother, I would obviously have chosen to be a witty, good-looking, super intelligent White house staffer who saved the world. But this leaves little time for raising ridiculously good-looking, super intelligent, future White house staffer offspring, so I had to compromise and sacrifice for the children.

Also, I have decided to buy a tent. Mostly because I was thinking about going camping this summer and got really attached to the idea, and wanted to go now. But it's really too cold for my liking. SO instead, I have to content myself with tent shopping online as a way to concretely show my dedication to going camping this summer. I'm having trouble deciding what kind of tent to get though, because I know nothing about tents except that ours is too small for both an air mattress and a playpen. I think the tents that you set up in the back of trucks are really cool, but we don't own a truck, so we probably won't be getting one of those. I also like the ones that let you park your hatchback next to the tent to you can get all of your stuff out of the back without going outside. Again, the lack of a compatible vehicle eliminates that idea. So basically, we'll probably just go for the biggest tent we can get for the least amount of money. Jessie will probably make a spreadsheet contrasting size and cost. It'll be a fun time. But we can't buy it quite yet, or I'll have nothing to do between now and the time it gets warm enough to actually go camping. I lead a hard life.

No comments: