Friday, March 13, 2009

Field trip to the temple



We finally went through the new Draper temple yesterday with Jessie's parents and sister. It was absolutely gorgeous, as temples always are. I was glad we got to go, and it turns out I saw some areas of the temple I'd never seen before. Having been to no other weddings in the temple except my own, I'd never thought about where they kept the wedding guests before they take them to sealing rooms. So I was surprised to see a Marriage Waiting Room. Brilliant, Cami. It just goes to show that brides are not thinking about anybody else on their big day, I guess. Madeline enjoyed the temple too, especially all the beautiful paintings. She got mad we wouldn't let her take off on her own though. I don't think the ushers would have appreciated that. She also kept trying to eat all the beautiful walls and railings and such, which are obviously not designed to be child friendly. At least someday I'll be able to tell her about it and how she was there.

So the houses around the temple are crazy. They're all huge, including several that looked big enough to be castles, and they all have exercise rooms and theaters and twenty bedrooms and four garages. They're also all for sale. I swear I saw what had to be a $750,000 home with a huge marble staircase out front going for $349,000. A steal, if you happen to have a couple hundred thousand dollars sitting around. Which I don't. Drat it all. I just kept wondering what you would do with all that space. We had an extra family room in our old house and it drove me nuts, because three people could not physically use all the extra space we had. Anyway. They're probably all feeling silly now, because the temple is definitely now the coolest building in the neighborhood and the rest are all wannabes.

No comments: