Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Words of wisdom from Bryce; or, how to break the Word of Wisdom

Well, I considered this holiday weekend to be a success. We played with family, got some things done, and ate pretty well. You can't ask much more than that. Okay, I guess it would have better if I was a little more adept at bowling. Getting beaten twice by a seven year old was a little much to take, bumpers or no bumpers. On the bright side, however, Bryce has illuminated many things about life for me. We played Apples to Apples with him, and his take on the world is pretty amusing. Among the nuggets he came up with: family values are cheesy, and beer is more appetizing than bubble gum. We were all a little blown away by that one, but his reasoning is sound: he doesn't like bubble gum, and beer is like soda pop. I think he may need a few more lessons on the Word of Wisdom before he hits the party circuit. Bryce also gets exasperated by fourth, fifth, and sixth graders who, and I quote, "think like four-year-olds". Pretty savvy from a second grader, don't you think?

No comments: