Friday, September 19, 2008

Madeline is the best medicine.

These last few days have been awesome. Between babysitting and being sick, I haven't spent much time being productive in any way, shape, or form. Jessie and I have both been fighting sore throats and various other symptoms for days, so on Tuesday I made him go to the doctor for both of us. I thought it was clever of me to do this, because then I didn't have to actually go see the doctor myself and could just assume I had whatever Jessie had. (I don't like doctors in general, and right now it's a pain going to them because my new insurance cards haven't some yet, and Altius has been kind enough to be a pain in the rear end about activating them and paying for stuff.) The good news, which is also the bad news, is that it wasn't strep like I thought it was. That's good because hey, who wants strep, and bad because they have medicines to make strep go away, but they have yet to figure out how to get rid of random viruses that they really don't have a clue about. So Jessie and I are mutually suffering through the sore throats, ear aches, head aches, tiredness, etc., that may or may not get better tomorrow or next Tuesday. On the bright side, Madeline has yet to show any signs of being sick, which is wonderful. She also has been kind enough to take long naps this week (which she never does) so that I can nap too and regain functionality. She's such a considerate baby. In fact, I have decided that she is a very well-behaved child. After watching four others besides her all day, I came to two conclusions: 1) I will not die if and when I have five children of my own, but may actually be able to handle it; and 2) I am desperately glad that time is not right now, and I just have one beautiful child I can dote on and enjoy and put down for naps.

No comments: