Monday, September 15, 2008

Anyone want to take Jessie out to eat, followed by skydiving?

I had a conversation this weekend with Jessie about skydiving. I, being a sane, rational person, would never go skydiving. Despite many assurances from Jessie that skydiving is really safe nowadays, and actual quick and dirty research which tells me about 60-70 people die from skydiving each year globally, I maintain that I would rather not be one of the 60 people who bites the dust. Jessie would. His main motivation in not going skydiving is how much it costs. My main motivation is not dying of fright. I don't really have a problem with heights, when I'm inside a contained area, with no way of falling down. I don't forsee this being a major problem in our relationship, since I told Jessie he's welcome to try it someday with anybody but me. Unless he dies. That could be a big problem for our relationship.

Another thing that is a big problem in our relationship is food. Namely, salad, tomatoes, nuts, beans, peanut butter, and a few other foods I can't remember right now. Jessie still wants me to learn to like them, so we can share in the eating thereof together. I still want to stick to good foods like chocolate, spaghetti, and strawberries. We have differing theories. For instance, Jessie thinks it's a waste to get a chocolate shake when you can get something more complicated with nuts and fruits and carmels and other ridiculous things. I think adding these things to a perfectly good chocolate shake ruins the simplicity of it all. I claim that I'm a purist. He claims I'm close-minded. It is especially frustrating to him that I will eat Reeses Peanut Butter cups, but not peanut butter cookies or anything else with peanut butter. I don't know why, but Reeses tastes different. I can't stand peanut butter cookies. Especially when I was pregnant. They made me want to vomit. If anyone can tell me why Reeses are palatable, as opposed to peanut butter in general, they win free kudos from Cami. And anyone who can figure out how to get me to like peanut butter wins undying gratitude from Jessie. And a Nobel Prize.

No comments: