Monday, September 8, 2008

Accomplishments in the Warner household

Today I made myself a to-do list. I don't think I've made a to-do list since before Madeline was born. I consider this a great accomplishment. Even more remarkable is that I have crossed off a few things on my to-do list, and none of them was waking up this morning, so that's pretty impressive. Jessie will often come home and be baffled that the dishwasher is neither empty nor full, but halfway done, with more dishes sitting the sink. I try to explain to him the remarkable distracting force that is Madeline, but I think the majority of my point is lost in translation. For instance, today it took me from noon until three to finish wiping down all the counters, refrigerator, table, etc., because Madeline grew impatient with my cleaning exploits. Apparently cleaning is not nearly as much fun as reading books or playing patty cake. I'll have to remember that.

In other news, Jessie was apparently so inspired by my new desire to exercise, that he created a week long exercise schedule for himself, that actually requires him to wake up earlier in the morning. I married a remarkable man. I'll do anything not to wake up earlier in the mornings. He has even successfully completed one day of his schedule, with no signs of letting up. You go, babe. (This sounds like I'm mocking him. I'm not. I'm actually sincerely impressed with his plan, and experience has demonstrated to me that he's quite a bit better at sticking to plans he makes for himself than I am, so there is a high probability he'll be fitter and skinnier in four months, while I'll be starting my tenth new exercise program. I definitely married up.)

No comments: