Saturday, September 6, 2008

I like to run and torment my daughter.

I recently have attempted yet another new exercise program. (I'm really, really good at sticking to them.) I hope this one will succeed, because this time, I'm accounting for Madeline. Namely, by getting Jessie to watch her while I'm exercising instead of trying to do it while she's asleep or letting her participate (and by participate, I mean watch and laugh at me). Plus, I bribed myself with new headphones so I can listen to music while I run, which makes life slightly better. The other good thing about this exercise program is that I've sort of convinced Jessie to exercise too. He's always saying how he'd feel better if he got a little physical activity, so I made him go running before I did. Well, actually, I suggested it and he felt guilty, so he went; but he likes to pretend I made him because for some bizarre reason, placing the responsibility on someone else makes him more disciplined.

I've also discovered a fun new game to play with Madeline. I guess she hasn't discovered object permanence yet. This means I can put a toy right in front of her, and then but a cloth over it, and she'll spend the next five minutes looking everywhere for it. This keeps me endlessly entertained, even if it does seem a bit mean. I have to get my kicks somehow.

No comments: