Thursday, July 10, 2008

To Exercise or to Eat. That is the Question.

Congratulate me. I am officially on day 4 of my exercise program. Impressive, no? Okay, so I am not so good at sticking with it. This is my second try at implementing an exercise regimen. The first lasted approximately a week-hopefully this time will go better. This time Jessie and I are bribing ourselves with a visit to an Argentine restaurant. And, like the good creative mom I am, I created a nice chart to track our progress and taped it to the fridge (where supposedly it will make me think twice before pulling out the ice cream. Yeah. Right.) Madeline is lucky she doesn't have to exercise. I can't decide if she's smaller than average for her age, because she's so tall that she looks skinny everywhere but her cheeks. My aunt says that since she's tall and skinny she's going to be a model. I think before she learns to model she needs to learn not to drool. It'll kill your career.

Speaking of exercising and not over-eating, I'm excited for our recipe night (that will probably totally negate the exercise I did today.) I found a recipe for buttermilk fried chicken and herbed carrots that I'm really looking forward to. Although I did not know that buttermilk smelled so funny. I've never used it in cooking before. Yay for my culinary prowess.

No comments: