Saturday, July 12, 2008

Remodeling. Slowly but surely.

My parents, for those who don't know, are remodeling their house, and I am glad to report that we (and by we I mean my dad and Jessie) are almost finished laying the tile for the kitchen. Which is good, since my mom's new cabinets are stacked in her front room awaiting installation next week. I have to say, watching people lay tile is hard work. Which is why I've mostly been hanging out with Madeline and Bryce (and my mom, when she's not trying to be helpful and getting people mad at her because she's supposed to let the menfolk do it.)

We've been working on this remodel for weeks/moths now (and by we, I again mean mostly people other than myself.) Dad, Dale and Jessie seem to enjoy knocking out walls and other such demolition, but putting it all back together is more of a challenge. On the bright side, it should look really nice when it's done. Which will still be a while, because even after the kitchen gets done, they're still planning on recarpeting and redoing the bathrooms, and who knows what else. I'm just here to observe. And to yell at Jessie when he hurts himself, as he inevitably does while constructing.

No comments: