Saturday, July 19, 2008

My daughter is responsive to positive conditioning

Jessie is making fun of right at this moment, because I, like many mommys before me, am bursting with pride tonight. Earlier in the week, (while I was outside), Jessie turned his back on Madeline for a moment and returned to find her on her stomach. Assuming, logically, that she had learned how to roll over, I was bursting to actually see her do it. And so, I waited. And nothing. All week. (despite much cajoling and pleading.) Until tonight. At my assurance that she could absolutely do it, Madeline discovered that she has the power to turn herself over. And may I just say, she is so cute doing it. It took her a few tries, straining with allher little might, but when she suceeded, I proceeded to lavish praise on her. Apparently she enjoyed this so much, that she hasn't stopped rolling over since she learned how to do it. I think she's surprised by her newfound independence. And thus we have ushered in a new era of cute baby antics. Hooray!

No comments: