Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bargains and gourmet food

I have definitely inherited my mother's smart shopping genes, for which I am grateful. My latest accomplishment (okay, Jessie helped a little) involved finding, at a neighbor's yard sale, the following items: a pivoting TV stand, a $175 ski coat, ten children's books, an infant carrier, a Christmas tree stand, child's lawn chair, and two purses, including one that says "I love shopping". All for the low, low price of $11. Jessie laughed at me for picking up that last purse, but I couldn't resist. I'll give it to Madeline when she gets older to remind her of our long, proud family tradition of shopping.

On another note, we moved up recipe night this week in order to share it with our neighbors for family home evening, and this time it turned out beautifully. Jessie made a delicious chicken parmesan that hit the spot. It was fun having neighbors over; they have a little girl who was born two weeks before Madeline named Vienna and she loved trying to hug Madeline. Madeline wasn't so sure about Vienna at first, but then she started beaming away, and I think it's safe to say she thought it was pretty awesome having someone her size around. I think we're going to have to get them around each other more often, as Vienna should be a great influence on Madeline. She's capable of screaming just as loudly, but mostly chooses not to. I'm praying that Madeline adopts the same line of thinking.

No comments: