Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hi. We're just being cold. How are you?

Hi. I'm alive. I just haven't done anything terribly exciting or had a creative thought for a week. That would depress me, but I made my favorite cookies yesterday, so I'm good. Plus, it's finally cold out, which makes me a lot more willing to just curl up in a blanket with Madeline and be lazy. Not that Madeline knows how to be lazy, but I'm trying to teach her. It's one of many things on our list, like saying "please", not skipping one when we count to three, and sitting still for longer than two minutes. Because apparently this is a skill they like in nursery.

Did I mention Madeline is in nursery? It's pretty much awesome.

We stuck her in last week, one week early, to get her used to it. Okay, that's a lie, because she'd get used to it just fine if we waited until she was actually 18 months. We did it because she's a terror and we want someone else to watch our kid while we get to listen to a lesson. I admit it. But in our defense, she's really pretty easy. She loves kids and toys, and the only snag was apparently a moment during singing time when she didn't want to sit and pay attention. Surprise. She even said thank you when she got a snack. I felt fulfilled as a mother. Whatever behavioral problems my daughter has, she's at least polite. I don't know what to do with my new found freedom. But I'm sure I'll figure it out.

No comments: