Monday, October 26, 2009

Fun with small, moody children

So all my hinting must have paid off, because they called me to nursery. I'm pretty excited. Maybe I'm crazy, because I know a lot of people think nursery is a trial. Maybe I'm still naive about that. But I think anyplace where you play with toys and eat snacks can't be half bad. So no more Sunday school or relief society for me for a while. I'll be learning how to be reverent and smile at people and listen to my mother. Apparently I never figured those things out.

Probably to prepare me for my new calling, Madeline has put me through the paces this week. She had her eighteen month appointment this week, and apparently that was not her favorite thing. Over the last five days she's had two days of fever, a mysterious short-lived skin rash, bruising from the shots, two days of non-stop crankiness and kicking and screaming tantrums, and no coherent sleeping schedule, except for consistency in waking up before six every morning. Also a smashed hand and a basketball landing on her head. Pretty awesome week, huh? But she's perky and happy today, so things are looking up. I was starting to think she broke a mirror or spilled some salt or something. Come to think of it, she's done both those things a few times. But she's a tough cookie, so don't worry about her. Worry about all the broken mirrors and spilled salt we'll have to replace. That could get costly.

1 comment:

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i'm so glad to hear someone else's child isn't perfectly behaved and quite all the time! the doctor always assures us that the brighter the kid, the more tantrums they'll throw. so maybe madeline is just super smart! i was going to say we should get our girls together, but they might overthrow our rule.