Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The rare Picture Post. Enjoy.

I guess it's been a long time since I put any pictures on my blog. I don't really feel too fussed. That's not what my blog is for. But I shall break the visual silence with some photographical evidence of our Halloween spirit. We carved pumpkins for FHE last night (we are apostates and do it on Tuesday due to Jessie's silly urge to get an education on Monday nights. Men.) Madeline had a lot of fun, although she was a little reluctant to touch the seeds at first. And even though she drew a masterpiece on her pumpkin, Dad refused to follow intstructions and just cut out a pumpkin face. The nerve. Anyway, here is Madeline being really excited and cute.
And here she is, going after her seeds somewhat reluctantly.

Here are the finished products. Note how cool and spirited I am. Jessie's is the one they'll be using as a relief society centerpiece next Sunday. And I think Madeline's needs no explanation.

Jessie went forth and carved with much zeal.

In other news, Jessie and I went on a date last weekend. A real date where you get a baysitter and spend a little money and such. Jessie decided to take me skating. Funny story. I don't skate. Which is really ironic, because our second first date (long story), where we decided we were cool people and should date, we went ice skating. And I was fearless. We were country dancing on the ice and running at each other, and I feel down twenty times and didn't care. We went ice skating a few months later, when we were engaged, and I was a complete chicken. It was one of our most lackluster dates ever. I told Jessie that someone upstairs obviously intervened and gave me twenty times my normal balance and daring in order to make our first date a blast so we would date and get married. He didn't believe me at first. But after taking me skating again, he's starting to come around. Jessie is now a firm believer that our first date was a miracle designed to trick him into marrying me. Pretty good trick, huh? Anyway, here's a couple pictures showing my extreme discomfort and Jessie watching me be a wimp.

We did not plan the matching colors. Also, I want you to know, there was much speculation as to whether I could take a picture and stand on roller blades at the same time. But we all lived. Even when I dropped my bracelet. I just sat staring down at it for a few minutes until some 8 year old kid whizzing by at a hundred miles an hour took pity on me and picked it up. Then we went and sat in a movie theater, which I am much more skilled at. We all have our talents.

2 comments:

Liz said...

great pumpkins! joe keeps saying we should carve some. maybe that will happen before halloween. maybe not....

Emilee said...

ok, that is funny! it is sad that going on a date makes news on the blog, i do the same thing, what is wrong with me! we need more dates! anyway, cute pumpkins! and cant wait to hear what your calling is...once you speak in church, your non calling days will be over..