Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Our weekend

So it's been a good weekend. I ate a lot of chocolate, saw an entire session of conference without interruption, and won a game of Phase 10 while half asleep. We went up to my parent's for the second half of conference, and while the boys were at priesthood, I went with my sister to sing with a bunch of young single adults. Apparently the church likes to get young single adult wards to sing outside temple square while people are coming and going from Conference, so that people feel spiritual instead of feeling like arguing with protesters. My sister's ward was one of these, and since they were supposed to contribute eighty people and had about than ten, I pretended to not be married and went with them. (To defend the turnout, you have to remember they were singing as people left priesthood session, so no boys were able to make it, and their ward is pretty small.) It was fun, although my voice was hoarse by the end. We didn't really get hassled by protesters because it was late, but I swear as we were leaving there was a guy standing on the corner preaching against Evil Mormon Driving Practices. I didn't know you could protest against that, or I would have gotten me a permit and joined him.

On Sunday, because we sang, we got some tickets to the afternoon session, and my sister gave hers to Jessie so we could go. That was pretty awesome because a) Madeline had limited my prior uninterrupted Conference viewing to approximately 1.5 talks and b) we got to be there for Elder Holland's extremely powerful talk on the Book of Mormon, which I loved. Also, we rode Trax for about three blocks, because Jessie really wanted to. And got off at the wrong stop. But Jessie got his ride. So it was an awesome weekend. Hope yours was slightly awesome also.

1 comment:

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i'm glad someone else isnt' getting around to blogging about their weekend until wednesday. :) i might put it off till tomorrow.