Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Madeline. And libraries.

Madeline had her eighteen month appointment yesterday. It was fun and excitement all around. Well, for those of us who didn't get shots. Madeline is growing despite eating mostly goldfish and spaghetti, and she does all the charming things an eighteen month old should do, like destroying things, climbing onto high surfaces in hopes of falling off, and saying no a lot. Unfortunately, she had to get immunizations and a flu shot (normal, not swine. Good luck getting a swine flu shot right now.). So now she has a fever and life is sad. But at least she won't die of pertussis.

In other fun and exciting news, we officially got a new library card yesterday. So now I can start reading all the books I've been hearing good things about for the past three months and couldn't get a hold of, because I was a poor library cardless person. The problem is, I've forgotten all the books I wanted to read, so I just checked out a bunch I've read before. I'm a chronic re-reader. I need some new material. Because if I read the Work and the Glory series one more time, Jessie will think I'm crazy. Any suggestions are welcome. Suggestions submitted with a plate of butterscotch oatmeal cookies will receive a higher rank on my reading list.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

have you tried goodreads? i use it to try to find good, non-trashy books...

Liz said...

dr. jekyll and mr. hyde is good for halloween.

the thirteenth tale by setterfield

vanished by lynn gardner

let me know if you would like more....