Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween, and the new addition to the family

Well, we survived Halloween and Daylight Savings this weekend. Why they insist on putting those two things so close together is a mystery to me. Let's wire kids with sweets and then change their sleeping schedule! Yay! But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Madeline didn't gorge on candy, although she certainly wanted to. She got the idea of trick or treating pretty early and was having an awesome time knocking on doors. She also would not let go of her bucket of candy, even though it got pretty heavy. You'd ask her if she wanted you to hold it, and she'd say uh huh in the affirmative, but good luck getting her hand off the handle. Death grip. She was a cute little ladybug, but you'll have to imagine just how cute, because Jessie has all of the pictures on his phone. We were the Flinstones, thanks to my sister, who is my official resident creative force. Madeline was originally going to go as Pebbles, but you try to make a Pebbles costume warm AND cute. (Okay, don't really try. I'm sure anyone but me could have done it.)

In other news, I'd figure I'd enlighten those of you who wanted to know the wherefores and hows behind our new gigantically oversized television. Jessie went to a lunch seminar for work that was hosted by a company in the telecom industry looking for resellers. Or something. I'm not exactly sure how this was relevant to his job, even though he keeps explaining it. But he went, and they had a raffle where they gave away a handful of ipods and one giant 52 inch television. To a room of about 40 people. So his odds were pretty good. I know he did it just to flout my authority. You see, he has a television fund where we put all of our loose change and bills. I told him he couldn't buy a new television until he had enough money. And I made a rule that nothing bigger than a five dollar bill could go in the fund, just so he didn't make a convenient withdrawl at the ATM to hurry things along. I told him it was good for his self-discipline and he'd really appreciate a nice flat screen when he bought it with his hard earned money. But I guess he couldn't be that patient, so he went out and won one. Men. Anyway, now we have a giant television, which will make us spend money buying a television stand and HD cable to fully take advantage of its capabilities. So you see, you don't want this to happen to you. So be vigilant. Save your money and don't let your husband go to seminars. This is my wise advice for the week.

No comments: