Thursday, November 26, 2009

I give thanks that my husband is still alive.

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope everyone is looking forward to the turkey and pie. I know I am. Mostly the chocolate pie. No offense to those other, fruit pies, but chocolate pie is an integral part of my childhood. It's comfort food. It's just too bad you have to eat all the healthy stuff before you can get to the chocolate pie.

However, before we get to turkey and pie, I have to wait for Jessie to be done with his turkey bowl. I am, justifiably, a little bit paranoid about Jessie and football. The year before we got married, he played football with his ward, and it wasn't pretty. He tripped, hit his head on the frozen ground, and was unconscious for the next four hours. He woke up in the hospital, which we all know doesn't rank on America's Top 100 places to get Delicious Thanksgiving Meals. We weren't dating then, but after he told me the story later, I pretty much forbade him from ever playing football again. Unfortunately, he is stubborn. So he goes every week and plays anyway, and he won't even wear his bike helmet like I suggested. Husbands. So, provided he doesn't split his head open or twist his ankle or die of internal bleeding, it will be a good Thanksgiving. Be safe everyone, and eat lots of fruit pie. But not chocolate. Because I want to eat it all.

No comments: