Friday, October 10, 2008

I got drugs. Hooray!

Today is a singular day. Today, I finally got my insurance company to pay for a prescription after over a month of hard battling. Despite Jessie's urging to vilify our insurance company online and damage their good name, I will not write the name here. Mostly because last time I complained about a company (which started with The Insurance and ended with Store), one of their VPs ended up calling me in order to apologize for their incessant calling, and I suspect, attempt to get me to remove my rant from the internet. It's amazing what happens when you defame someone online. You can yell at their salespeople all you want, and threaten to write letters and sue and ask to be put on the DO NOT CALL list every two days, but you write a blog about their poor customer service and they straighten right up. You'd think I'd write about my insurance company, to get them to apologize too, but I've already talked to them on the phone about twenty times more than I ever wanted to, and I detest phone calls from people I don't know more than I desire an apology. It seriously had become part of my daily routine. Do the dishes, take a shower, feed the baby, call my insurance company and get put on hold for twenty minutes only to be told everything was hunky dory when I knew it wasn't, because they wouldn't pay for any prescriptions. There's a problem when it takes a company three weeks to even admit there's a problem. And another two weeks to fix it. Alas, thus is life. I doubt there's any insurance company out there that doesn't make it like pulling teeth to get a payout. So, I will end there, and not divulge that this company I hate starts with "Al". And ends with "tius". Don't go with them. Ever. Thank you.

No comments: