Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I can shop online and make frozen dinners. I am a domestic goddess.

I would like to report that I folded the laundry and packed the box of books. For those of you who were waiting with baited breath for that update.

And in other news: I've been trying to research high chairs. It's really amazing to me how much you have to know about baby stuff, and how many different products there are out there for every fathomable baby contingency. There are products to help your child sit up on their own before they actually know how, products to help them learn good posture, activity centers, gates, jumpers, bouncers, swings, playpens, cribs, play mats, bathtubs, carriers, big strollers, little strollers, double strollers, boosters, travel seats, car seats, jungle gyms, and every toy under the sun that could possibly entertain/teach/turn your child into a baby genius who writes symphonies and runs marathons. It's all a little overwhelming, actually. I did a lot of research on gates, when we needed one, and there were so many different types that I ended up just getting the one my mom found on clearance, which happened to be a pretty good one, so go me. And my mom. (Thanks mom.) That's pretty much how I selected the stroller, the crib, and the car seat too, which also all ended up being pretty good models with all the features I never knew would come in handy. And which were also all found by mom at killer prices. Strange coincidence. (If you had a mom who was as good at finding blowout prices as my mom, you would let her do the majority of your shopping too.)

And, in other other news, I contemplated being culinary today and trying a new recipe I saw on the Early show. And surprising Jessie with my ingenuity, cooking prowess, and thoughtfulness. Until I realized that I didn't have half of the ingredients (despite the fact that they're very basic), because my kitchen is stocked with frozen foods, meals-in-a-box, and meals-in-cans. Because I really actually can't cook very well. Sigh. Defeated by my own dependence on commercially prepared deliciousness. I never would have made it as a pioneer.

No comments: