Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The doctor's office survived our visit.

Well, Madeline is healthy. Definitely not normal, but healthy. She passed the doctor's appointment with flying colors, and for the curious, now weighs a whopping 15 pounds 6 ounces and is 26 inches long. I was really happy about that, because at her four month appointment, she weighed less than twelve pounds. Now she has rolls of fat in her legs and it actually takes some arm muscle to lift her, so there is happiness in the Warner household. The doctor and nurses were both surprised she was crawling already. They kept asking questions about how well she sat up and if she could support her weight and whether she'd pull herself to a sitting position, and I wanted to just say, "Hey, she's climbing chairs and running after my parents' dog. Why don't we talk about what the heck I'm supposed to do about that?" Okay, she doesn't run after the dog by herself. But she usually won't take steps when you hold her hands. Unless my dog Joey is in the room. Then she squeals and runs. This is why we can't have a dog. Or she'd be walking already. And I would be in despair.

No comments: