Thursday, October 2, 2008

America shouldn't be a democracy.

Jessie thinks I'm crazy. Which isn't a new thing. But he mostly thinks I'm crazy today because I am in mourning. Over a TV show. More specifically, America's Got Talent. Jessie and I got addicted, and we were guessing every week who would go on and who wouldn't make it. For the most part, I was a pretty good guesser. I usually got all the acts right, or just missed one. SO I was pretty confident going into the finale on the final pecking order. My guesses were as follows: Winner, Nuttin But Stringz; second place, Eli Mattson; third place, Queen Emily; fourth place, Donald Braswell; fifth place, Neal E. Boyd. Since Neal won the competion, you can tell that my guesses were a little bit off. And he did NOT deserve it. Eli did. I'd buy his album in a heartbeat. I told Jessie I was putting up Eli Mattson posters all over our bedroom walls in protest. This didn't phase him. Then I told him I'd put up Donald Braswell posters, which did get his attention, because he hates the man for some incomprehensible reason. I'd go watch him in Phantom of the Opera, but hey, I have no taste apparently. I was also disappointed at Nuttin But Stringz low finish, since they were the most original and unique of the bunch. The upshot of it all is that I have no faith in America's voting ability. Things look bad for the presidential election.

1 comment:

whitney.evan said...

you have a blog! yeah! me too :)
www.bishopsconfession.blogspot.com
i am glad i found your blog-your notes on facebook always make me laugh now i can devote even more of my carelessly spent time to reading your witty remarks about life :)
whitney