Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some updates of my life. I know you were waiting.

You know you've slacked off when your husband (who only reads my blog once or twice a week anyway) says, "Hey, you haven't blogged in a while." Nope. I haven't. That's mostly Madeline's fault. She's developed this lovely habit of waking up screaming at the top of her lungs at midnight every night for about half an hour. Those of you who have been blessed with live demonstrations of her vocal chords will appreciate how this might make sleep difficult. Which, in turn, makes blogging less of a priority than relaxing, sleeping, and catching up on household chores so I'm not disgusted by my own environment.

You'll be glad to know, Jessie and I stuck to our guns and didn't buy a timeshare vacation last Saturday. I have to tell you, Jessie was much more tempted than I felt comfortable with, but fortunately our common sense returned, and we ultimately got our free vacation. But only after I lost my temper with the salespeople and told them they were annoying. You would too, if they kept telling you they were going to give you an exit survey and instead pushed another sales pitch at you, when you have a four-month old hanging at Grandma's who is still breastfeeding and is way overdue for a feeding. I don't think the salespeople are used to dealing with irate woman with motherly hormones raging. I don't feel too badly though. They had it coming.

We also had the opportunity last weekend to attend Jessie's high school show choir reunion, which I admit, was funner than I thought it would be. I was basing the prejudgment on mission reunions, which are not horrible, but let's face it: I don't know these people, and Jessie can't even tell me their first names. It's just one of those things you do as a nice spouse, and it's semi-interesting, and there is free food. But this choir reunion was a lot more fun, and I got to watch videos of Jessie dancing around and singing as a skinny seventeen year old. It brought back memories of my own choir trips, which was both fun and disturbing. And everyone had cute babies, so I didn't feel awkward toting around an infant. Yay.

No comments: