Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Madeline likes movies better than doctors. Strange.

Well, we survived the doctor's visit today, and I would like to inform my mother, the doctor did NOT yell at me for giving Madeline rice cereal before 4 months. I actually like Madeline's doctor. She's very easy to talk to, and thinks Madeline is a pretty doll, which earns her extra points. Actually, all the nurses thought Madeline was gorgeous. Which doesn't surprise me in the least. I knew all along she was the prettiest baby ever. :-) It was hard to watch her get her shots, but she was pretty brave and only yelled at me once or twice for subjecting her to pain. Actually, she disliked having her stomach and ears looked at almost more than she disliked the shots. She told me pretty loudly that she did not approve and gave me a much more reproachful look than a four month old should be capable of. I laughed when the nurses asked me if she hass started rolling from side to side like she might be getting ready to roll over. She rolled across the entire living room yesterday. I can't get her to hold still. Except to watch Chronicles of Narnia. We decided to push our luck and take Madeline to a matinee last Saturday, because Jessie has been wanting to see Prince Caspian since it came out.She was so quiet the whole time that it stunned me. Granted, she was asleep about half the movie, but the other half she was as attentive as I've ever seen her. I think we have a future movie buff on our hands. It must be because I let her watch t.v. with me so much. Normally I'm not too bad, but with the Olympics on, we watch a lot. Jessie and I are addicted. I stayed up way past my bedtime last night to see if the men's gymnastics team would medal. I'm glad they did. I'd hate to be tired for nothing.

No comments: