Monday, March 29, 2010

The stuff we did that was more important than the other stuff we didn't do.

Hey, I am a blogging slacker again. Surprise. In my defense we have been really busy doing real stuff. Instead of the fake stuff we usually do. Jessie's been hard at work at his new job, and Madeline and I have been hard at work pretending to be hard at work. And then we went to a wedding. My cousin got married on Friday so Madeline and I trekked to Logan for the festivities, and Jessie came up later to also be cool. It was actually the first temple wedding I have attended (minus one or two sealings of previously married people), so that was a good experience. And Madeline got to touch the temple, which made her day, because there is nothing we love more than temples. (Seriously, yesterday we just sat and looked through pictures of temples on lds.org and Madeline had a blast. I'd click to the next one and she's pointing and jumping- look Mom! A temple! Woah! And another temple! And the next one is a temple too! And she was still shocked when the next one was...a temple! We looked at about 60 temples before she got tired of it.)

So a good time was had by all at the temple, and the wedding breakfast, and the reception. Which I am obligated to blog about, because my Aunt Wendy was a little nervous hanging out with me. She kept saying, "You're going to blog about this, aren't you? I just know this is going to be in your blog." So here I am, Aunt Wendy, blogging about you. And that emabarrassing thing you did. And that other thing. No, but seriously, my Aunt Wendy is a cool person, so maybe we'll devote an entire blog to her one day.

Jessie came up for the reception, and we didn't want to drive back late, so we stayed overnight with my grandma. But first we got pulled over by the Smithfield police. Which Jessie was really excited about- so much so that he had to turn around and drive through Smithfield again because he thought it would be cool if they pulled us over again. I wish I was kidding about that. (Well, we actually turned around because I had to go back to Richmond and give my grandmother her car keys, but he really was excited at the prospect of getting pulled over twice.) You can all rest easy though, because it was just a fix-it ticket, so no fines were levied and no resisting arrest ensued. Jessie basically relies on fix-it tickets to tell us when to change our tailights. He's maybe gotten quite a few, but if I told you how many he might get angry.

So anyway, sweet partying times at the Warner house. We also had a baby shower and some old friends for dinner, and home teaching and playing horsie, so it was a pretty jam packed weekend. Good times.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

still waiting for some pics here lady......... :D