Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Shoe Problem

Madeline has a shoe problem. She changes her shoes every five minutes. There are a few rules: She can only wear matching shoes when we are leaving the house. Shoes on the wrong feet are better than shoes on the right feet. Shoes that are too small are best. Anytime she cannot get a shoe onto her foot in less than half a second, because said shoe is too small or on the wrong foot, she screams loudly. The death screams she usually saves for when she is stuck in a small place or has pinched her finger in a door. (I guess she figured out that these get my attention a lot faster.) Yesterday we had three full fledged meltdowns over shoes, where Madeline was sobbing like I'd cancelled Christmas and then torn apart her doll. I've decided that one more day of this may force me to gather all of Madeline's shoes in a garbage bag and leave them on my sister's porch, returning them to whence they came.

No comments: