Monday, March 22, 2010

A little basketball and an embarrassing moment.

So, I guess I'm a bit late, but I need to achknowledge that March Madness has been amazingly fulfilling this year. My bracket has taken some serious blows, but since that's because a lot of lower seeded teams have been awesome. I always love an underdog. Of all the upsets, obviously Kansas was my favorite. But I'm pretty stoked about Cornell too, since I called their victories.

Anyway. Since every post this week has pretty much been basketball, let's insert a story about Cami and Jessie and their silliness and embarrassing moments. This weekend was our stake conference, and my brothers offered to watch Madeline so we could go to the sdult session Saturday night. (Okay. I coerced them. With bribes of basketball on a big screen television.) So we got all ready to go and headed off to our meeting- a touch late, naturally, because of the Kansas game. So we were hustling, trying to make it on time, and we kind of ran into the chapel. And I'm thinking that it's a little weird there's not a flood of late people coming in with us, because Mormon standard time would dictate we would be in good company. We got about fifteen feet into the chapel when I realized the chapel was entirely full of men. And the stake president was speaking. So I froze and dragged Jessie back out into the hall. Turns out we thought the meeting was at six when it was really at seven, and we had just crashed the last few minutes of priesthood leadership. Awkward. And caused an awesome distraction in those last few serious minutes of the meeting- you know, when the stake president is bearing his testimony and the spirit is strong and hte only way it could get better is if two univited people come waltzing through the chapel, followed by a hasty retreat. Sometimes we are awesome.

No comments: