Friday, March 19, 2010

In which I use insurance and easy in the same sentence.

I hate to interfere with the beauty of March Madness and post about anything else. But I had to report one of the craziest experiences of my life. due to Jessie's new job, we need to cancel a bunch of old insurance policies. And I've been dreading it because I hate dealing with insurance. I've ranted about it more than a few times, I think. I figured it would be painful and require a bunch of annoying paperwork. But while I was on the website for my health insurance, looking up the customer service number, I saw a link for Live Help. And I figured maybe that would save me a little time, because all I wanted to know is what letters I had to send and when I could officially cancel. So I started chatting with this insurance agent, and in less than five minutes, my insurance was cancelled. No paperwork, no sitting on hold, no hassle whatsoever. And I sat and watched television while I did it. And I didn't have to call someone, which we all know makes me kind of hyperventilate (despite working two years as a professional telephone operator.) So so so so easy. I was kind of in shock. But I liked it.

(Okay. I couldn't let the whole post pass without stating that I am loving March Madness. When I'm not dying of stress and suspense. The Florida/BYU game nearly killed me. About twenty times. Jimmer Fredette was this close to being lynched. But I'm loving it. Best month ever.)

No comments: