Monday, November 3, 2008

Daylight Savings is not natural. Vote no to Daylight Savings.

I felt really smart this weekend when I managed to change all the clocks in our house the night before, correctly guessing which ones would change themselves. I was all on top of everything. Until I realized there was no good way to change Madeline's internal clock. So after many well fought battles to get her on a sleeping schedule we were both comfortable with, she's now waking up every morning at least an hour before I want her to. I try to keep her up later at night, but she doesn't see the logic in it, so we're only making a little headway. I suppose I could just follow her sleeping schedule instead of the clock, but my body is easily fooled. When the clock says 5 am, I think it's 5 am. And when Jessie wants to stay up an hour later because the clock says it's okay, it's hard to feel the urgency to get to bed. So I guess we'll just deal with a week or two of early mornings until we get the baby re-calibrated. Fun times.

Other than that hiccup, and rampant sickness in the Warner household, we had a great weekend of Halloween and too much candy and such. Madeline enjoyed Uncle Bryce's baptism; Aunt Holly said she had to hold her back from jumping into the font, because she thought it was one big bath time for everybody. Our costumes are lots of fun, but alas, I have no pictures, due to the dead battery phenomenon that seems to happen every time I want it. Grandma has a lot of pictures though, so I'll have to steal some. She also knows of my inability to keep my camera functioning, and found me some more rechargeable batteries to kill. So maybe I'll go on another binge and take hundreds of pictures of my kid and post them all on facebook with witty captions and another apology that I have nothing else to take pictures of.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

ok, i HATE the time change too! i can never tell what time it is cus i only get around to changing a few clocks and then i am all confused! cute pics! oh wait... hehe! any other cousins have blogs?? andrea is the only know i know...