Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ward-hopping is better if you bring an angry child

So we went looking for our new ward today. The internet told us it was at 9 am and that we were in the Graden 1st ward. I have great faith in lds.org, so I was pretty sure that was right. Okay, so it messed up the time when it told us our Lindon ward, but that's because they think they're still in college and switch times in the fall rather than at New Year's. At least they got the ward right. So we drove to church, and sat through sacrament meeting. Or at least Jessie did. Madeline decided to pitch a VERY loud fit. Like rock concert loud. So I ended up hiding in the nursery room on the opposite end of the church house to muffle the screams, and really didn't hear much of the talks. Of course, Madeline feel asleep right as the closing prayer, so Jessie and I went up to introduce ourselves to the Bishop. And found out we were in the wrong ward. The good news is, our new ward doesn't yet know how loud Madeline screams. The bad news is that our new ward was in a different building and started at 8:30. So we packed Madeline into the car, which of course woke her up, and headed to our new ward, just in time for relief society. On the bright side, our new ward didn't seem intimidated by the fact that we'd already been rejected by one bishopric, and decided to keep us. For now. Until they hear Madeline scream in sacrament meeting.

Also, for all you excited fans out there: Madeline sort of took a few steps unaided. I'm betting walking by Christmas. Which means she'll be able to get into even more trouble. I'm going to hobble my next child. (Okay, just kidding. I won't do that. That would be unethical. But let's not pretend I'm not tempted. Maybe I'll get one of those child leashes for Madeline. Is that wrong?)

No comments: