Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our weekend getaway to beautiful...Heber

We survived the weekend of no Madeline. So did she, although not without letting us know what she thought of us ditching her. She had a great time all weekend, was an angel for my parents and slept better than she does at home. Then we showed up to pick her up. Her face went the most solemn I have ever seen. I mean NO smiling. No crying, even, which is what she usually does when she's upset. Just a solemn, pathetic stare which no amount of hugging or tickling or teasing could change. She finally cracked a grin for Jessie, and then she was fine and climbed all over both of us and went chasing after my mom's dog. I think she was trying to give me a guilt trip. You laugh, but it's not out of the question for my little manipulator.

It was fun to have a weekend to ourselves, despite my motherly anxiety. We got to see a movie, and even splurged and went to a real matinee instead of the dollar theater, because I knew a baby wasn't going to keep me in the lobby during the best parts and make me feel bad for spending that much money on a movie I didn't even see. We also got to go to dinner, spend an evening in Heber, hear all of the Sunday school lesson, and play card games on the floor without fear of the cards being digested. I tried to make Jessie go shopping with me, but apparently men don't do that. (Probably because he knew I'd post it on my blog, and he's still trying to get over the time I let everyone know he loves chick flicks.) All in all, a great weekend. And my house is even pretty clean. For now. Until Madeline wakes up from her nap.

No comments: