Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And the holiday jet lag commences.

I don't know if I like Monday holidays or not. On the one hand, it's awesome to have Jessie home all day to play. On the other hand, it throws off the rest of my week. It's hard enough to keep track of what day it is normally. Now I'm just doomed. Also, we tend to go out and about on holidays, and my housework gets neglected. Fondue seemed like a nice idea for Valentine's Day on Saturday, but then I left all weekend and came home to a dirty fondue pot. Because I procrastinate like that. Also because hot oil is uncool to clean up.

So I guess you've figured out what we did for Valentine's Day. After our weekend of no Madeline, and going out for my birthday, we played it low key for Valentine's, actually used the fondue pot I've had since high school, and chilled at home. We thought about getting a redbox, but apparently there were a lot of other people celebrating Valentine's Day by being lame, because there were no good movies left. So we were lamer than the rest of the world and watched a movie we owned and have already seen several times. The horror. (Except it had Sandra Bullock in it, so Jessie wasn't too traumatized.) For the rest of the weekend, we went up to Salt Lake to hang out with the fam. My sister got a new Wii, so we all learned to balance and bowl and golf and other practical talents that will enable us to impress other people at parties. As long as there is a Wii there. All in all, a productive and impressive weekend. Happy Monday everyone. Or Tuesday. Whatever you're feeling.

No comments: