Thursday, January 15, 2009

My daughter is healthy, tall, and utterly abnormal.

Well, Madeline passed her doctor's appointment with flying colors. There was one brief moment where they thought her head was too big, but I assured them that no child of mine had a big head, and they were content. (Actually, they just remeasured it and it was fine, but my version sounds cooler.) Alas, I was misinformed about the shots as well. She only needed one vaccination, but it was a shot, not an oral. So she yelled at me for a while. Although she didn't mind them poking her toe and squeezing out blood for a hemoglobin test. Go figure, fickle child. For the interested: she is officially 17 pounds 4 ounces, and 28 1/4 inches tall, putting her in the 20th and 75th percentiles, respectively. In other words, I have a tall skinny kid, which explains why her dresses always look too short.

In other news, Madeline refuses to knock down block towers, leaving me baffled at her lack of normal-ness. I mean, what nine month old doesn't like toppling blocks of towers and destruction in general? But I am here to testify that right at this moment there is a two foot tower of blocks sitting in my living room that has been intact for the last three hours, because Madeline refuses to touch it. She'll sit in my lap and look at it for ten minutes, and once in a while start to reach for it, and then decide it's too unstable and delicate. She is also unnaturally careful in crawling way around it so that she doesn't accidentally knock it over. In desperation, I aimed her push car at it and tried to get her to ram it. She went around it. I'm going to knock the dratted thing over myself soon if she won't.

No comments: