Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A few announcements for my adoring public.

Being in some kind of fit of change (don't worry, it has nothing to do with our newly crowned savior president, so you can breathe easy), I've been screwing around with my blog. Please forgive me if you check it today and it's blue, and tomorrow it's pink, and the next day it has pictures of penguins everywhere. Sometime in the near future I'll settle on a template and color scheme. I promise, it started innocently, with my intent being merely to restore it to its pre-Christmas state, but we all know I can't leave well enough alone. It's a good thing we're only renting, or my house would have a new color scheme every two weeks.

Also, to update you all on the evil mice: my kind friend was good enough to drive me to the store to get traps, which I put in every place imaginable that Madeline can't get them. Which is actually very few places, but we managed. And despite using peanut butter to try to lure them to their imminent doom, we have yet to see hide nor hair of a rodent since my initial sighting on Saturday. Which makes me uneasy, because it is my understanding that vigilante mice do not often run around your house once and then vacate the area without throwing a party for their friends. My theories are either a) the mice know the peanut butter is past its expiration date, b) they heard about the giant peanut butter recall, or c) they read my blog, sensed my dire hatred, and decided it just wasn't worth it for the few graham cracker crumbs Madeline leaves out for them. Let's hope it is the latter.

Also, as a public service announcement: Jessie officially had his orientation for school, and begins his first class next Monday, ushering in my era of grad school widowdom. (It bothers me that blogspot doesn't let me make up new words without highlighting them in angry red to assure me that I am stupid. I know widowdom is not a word. I am using creative license, you stupid spellchecker. Also I hate that it always tells me contractions are spelled wrong. You can rest assured, I'm taking it up with President Obama stat. Because he will solve all my problems or risk my wrath.) Anyway, getting back to the point. I am now trying to think of various ways to amuse myself whilst Jessie is studying and attending class, preferably ways that do not involve extra housework or learning to sew. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: