Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cami's Guide on How to Seem More Organized.

So the other day, we found out my mother-in-law was getting rid of a twin bed. And she graciously gave it to us, which is awesome, because quality sleeing equipment is expensive, people. And even though Madeline won't need to move out of her toddler bed for a while, I am all about anticipating the future here. So yesterday Jessie went and picked it up and brought it home. Madeline was practically dying all day to get the BIG BED. And when it appeared for about two minutes last night that she wouldn't be able to go get the bed with Dad our house turned into Crocodile Tears Central. It would have broken our hearts if it wasn't so funny. And then went she got to go it was like Christmas. And then when the bed actually got here...wow. I had no idea she would get so worked up. I wasn't going to try to move her for at least six months because I didn't see the need and Madeline is usually highly resistant to change. But at bedtime, Madeline climbed right on in to the big bed. So we let her stay there. But when we went up to bed ourselves and checked on her, she had migrated back to the toddler bed. I guess she wasn't ready for too much change. (Although the second she woke up this morning she went back to the big bed. We'll see where she ends up napping.)

In other news, we've decided to get organized around here. I don't know why. Maybe we're feeling motivated and disciplined because of our Get Fit plan. Which is going pretty decently. Except for the brownie binge yesterday. I can't help it that brownies are my Kryptonite. If you love me, you will come remove the brownie mixes from my pantry. Anyway. Back to the organization. Jessie has been wanting some of those can organizers that let you use cans in the order you buy them. But like beds, children and liposuction, those suckers are pricey. So Jessie had the brilliant idea of making our own. He went online and found a tutorial to make some out of cardboard boxes and glue. And got some boxes from our helpful neighbors. So now we have a pile of boxes and a plan. We'll let you know how hpthat turns out. We also decided to stock up on some food storage, in case all these earthquakes and the popularity of reality television mean the end of the world is coming, so now I have several cans of beans, oats, wheat, and rice and a book to tell me what to do with them (because the church, in marketing food storage, assumes correctly that I am an idiot. And that in the event of an emergency I will stare stupidly at my two years supply of wheat and go loot the nearest McDonalds. Because I hear their French fries will never grow mold. Natural food storage!) Other planned organizing projects include vague ideas of acquiring a filing cabinet, finally storing all of the clothes Kimberly has outgrown in her quest to be ten feet tall, and buying a chest to hide all the shoes that accumulate in front if the door. Don't these sound like great ideas? We think so. Maybe we'll just write a book about how to get organized and forgo the actual work of doing it. Sometimes I am a genius.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I want to get organized too....AND I need you guys to show me how to make those can things!